Teeth Whitening Hamilton
If you brush and floss regularly but can’t seem to get your smile as bright as you want it, you’re not alone. Our superior Hamilton teeth whitening services are bound to get you the results you desire within your first visit. Or, if you'd prefer, we offer customized and professional take-home kits. Stop searching frantically for "professional teeth whitening near me" when we have the right solution in Hamilton that you've been waiting for. Still have questions? Here are some things you need to know.
WHY AREN’T MY TEETH GETTING WHITE FROM BRUSHING?
No matter how diligent you are about your at-home dental care regime, there are a lot of reasons why brushing alone won’t make (or keep) your teeth white:
- Food stains – Coffee, tea, and red wine are some of the bigger culprits, but soda, citrus fruits, and berries can stain teeth too
- Tobacco – The tar and nicotine found in tobacco smoke can turn them yellow
- Age – As you get older, the enamel of your teeth thins, allowing the yellow colour of the dentin inside your teeth to show through
- Injury – If you’ve sustained an injury that’s affected even just one tooth, you’ve probably noticed the injured tooth is darker. This is because a tooth has a natural response to an injury: lay down more dentin. Only, this makes the inside layers darker.
- Medicines – Various medications can change the colour of your teeth. Certain antibiotics, antihistamines, blood pressure medications, and chemotherapies can darken them.
Most of these stains can be removed with teeth whitening treatment; however, colour changes due to injury or medication cannot and you may need to explore other options for these like veneers or dental crowns.
WHAT IS THE TEETH WHITENING PROCESS LIKE?
- Whitening Toothpaste This type of toothpaste doesn’t use bleach; rather, they have special chemicals that allow them to remove more stains than normal toothpaste. This is an effective option for patients rather than regular toothpaste.
- In-Office bleaching This kind of teeth whitening can usually be done in one dental visit at a time that’s most convenient for you. We’ll apply a gel or shield to protect your gums followed by applying bleach directly to your teeth. This method provides patients with the highest (and safest) concentration of bleach and very good results.
- At-Home Bleaching Take-home teeth whitening kits use whiteners that contain peroxide, usually in the form of a gel, that will be placed in a customized tray that fits your particular mouth. This saves you the time of having to book multiple appointments when you can just do it in the comfort of your own home, although you will need to book an appointment to receive your customized trays. This is one of the best and most effective ways to ensure you’re 100% satisfied with your bright new smile.
TEETH WHITENING HAMILTON: WHAT ARE THE DOWNSIDES?
If you try this type of whitening treatment at home, it may lead to sensitive teeth if the peroxide permeates the dentin and reaches the root of your tooth. Usually, this is temporary and you can try again, but this is an excellent reason why you should always speak with the dentist first.
If you whiten too frequently, you risk damaging your enamel or gums thus always follow directions carefully if you’re using an at-home kit and visit your dentist regularly.
BOOK YOUR TEETH WHITENING CONSULTATION WITH OUR HAMILTON DENTAL CARE TEAM TODAY!
If you have any questions about teeth whitening in Hamilton, or if you’d like to schedule an appointment to get started, get in touch with us. You can reach our office at 905-545-4833 or email us at [email protected] One of our knowledgeable staff can answer any questions you have about this treatment or any of our other services.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR TEETH AS MUCH AS YOU DO!
At Century Stone Dental, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the teeth whitening procedure as well as our other dental care services. Our dentist will discuss the best bone and gum grafting to get you on your way to a beautiful, functional smile! Book an appointment today. Call at 905-545-4833 or email us at [email protected]