Getting Invisalign in Hamilton
If you’re looking for an alternative to metal braces, look no further than Invisalign. Adults and teens alike can now get straight teeth without the hassle of dealing with braces. We offer Invisalign in Hamilton for people that want to straighten their smile discreetly.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a teeth straightening system that uses computer technology to come up with a treatment plan to get your teeth from where they are to where you want them to be. Clear aligners are custom made for your upper and lower teeth through various stages. These aligners move them little by little until the teeth are aligned to their desired positions.
Aligners are worn for about two weeks at a time until you move on to the next in the series. The exact length of treatment will depend on how much correction your smile needs and the individual plan set up by your provider.
How Does it Differ from Standard Braces?
There are a lot of things that set Invisalign apart from braces:
- They’re invisible! Wearing braces as an adult might make you feel self-conscious, especially in certain social situations. With Invisalign, people might not even notice you’re wearing them
- You’re not supposed to eat certain foods with standard braces, such as sticky candies, hard nuts, or things difficult to bite into, like corn on the cob. Because Invisalign is removable, you can take your aligners out if you want to enjoy something special or even just have your favorite food
- There’s no complicated brackets or wires which can mean less of a chance something will break and less time sitting in the dentist’s chair
- You can see virtual results before you begin treatment. Because Invisalign relies on computer technology to design the treatment plan, you’ll be able to see what each step in the process will do and what your final result will look like before you even put one in your mouth
FAQs About Invisalign
We get a lot of questions about Invisalign. Some of the most common are:
- How long does treatment take?
The length of treatment will depend on how severe your individual case is, but most adults finish their treatment in about a year. Teens may take a little longer.
- How long do I have to wear my aligners every day?
You should wear them between 20 – 22 hours. They should only be removed when you’re eating and brushing your teeth.
- How do I care for my aligners?
We recommend getting an Invisalign cleaning system, but you can simply brush them and rinse them in warm water. Never use hot water with your aligners.
- Does Invisalign hurt?
You may feel some slight discomfort when using Invisalign with each new aligner. The discomfort is normal as your mouth is adjusting to the pressure being placed on your teeth. It’s a similar feeling to what happens when you get standard braces adjusted.
- How often will I need to see my doctor?
In most cases, your doctor will want to see you every 4 – 6 weeks to make sure your treatment is progressing as planned. Again, this will depend on your individual case.
- What kind of problems can Invisalign fix? Will I need metal braces if my case is too severe?
Invisalign is a lot more versatile than you might think and can be used to treat a variety of common problems, like gaps, overbites, underbites, open bites, cross bites, and overly crowded teeth. It is best to schedule a consultation ahead of time to decide which treatment will be most effective for you.
Contact Us About Hamilton Invisalign
If you have any questions about getting Invisalign in Hamilton or if you’d like to schedule an appointment for a consultation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’d love to hear from you!
Call 905-545-4833 or email us at email@example.com and one of our friendly, knowledgeable staff can answer any questions you have about our services.